Friday, January 14, 2011

Be Your Own Kind of Beautiful

So I thought I would start this years blog off with items that I wouldn't sell in my shop on Etsy, http://www.theapawthecary.etsy.com/  because they all require fresh produce to make :) 

I personally have tried each of them and will tell you my feelings on them too :) 

I have done tons of research on old world recipes for skin and hair, and have poured thru tons of old folk remedy texts, and figured it would be fun to try them out and to share what I find. .  . so here I go :)

Dry skin is horrible, in the winter it can be the bane of your existence!!! So I figured I would start with simple recipes you can make at home, usually with the things that you have in your refrigerator.

Winter Mask
you will need the following items:
1 egg yolk (preferably fresh and organic)
1 tsp honey
1 T cottage cheese
1 tsp Cognac

Mix together the egg yolk and the cottage cheese, and then and the honey.  Stir until well mixed, and then add the Cognac slowly.

You should cover your face and neck with this mask recipe and then lay back and relax for a good 15 to 20 minutes.  Rinse off the mask with warm water and then apply your favorite face cream. 

The egg yolk will leave your skin feeling silky and soft (obviously do not use this part if you are allergic to eggs!!) 
The honey and cottage cheese will gently exfoliate your dead skin cells, and the cognac will help to tighten pores and stimulate blood flow to your face.

I found the mask to be quite comfortable, although I was not truly fond of the smell.  The scent did not linger however, after the mask was removed.   I also found it to be a little warming and left a fresh tingle to my skin even after it was removed . It did not cause me to have any redness, and it was not irritating at all.

Over all I think it was fun, easy, and left my skin feeling and looking wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment